Law Library and Law School Seat Reservations
How to Book a Seat
- Law Library & Law School seat reservations are restricted to Law Students ONLY. Use of Library Spaces requires that students comply with the Cornell University Student Behavioral Compact 2020-2021. All students are expected to abide by the behavioral compact as responsible university citizens and future members of the legal profession.
- If a seat appears in this system, you must reserve that seat before using it. Failure to do so may result in your reservation privileges being revoked. You may reserve a seat up to three days in advance. If you have reserved a seat and find someone else occupying it, we encourage you to ask them for confirmation of their reservation. You have the right to use the seat you have booked.
- The building hours have been extended! Seats are now available 8:00a.m. - 11:00p.m. everyday. However, please note that hours may be shortened due to holidays or other factors.
- We've increased your booking limit to a total of 8 hours each day. This can be a single 8-hour block or may be divided into smaller amounts of time. However, please be courteous to your classmates and only book the time you actually plan to use.
- We've recently noticed students booking multiple seats at the same time. This is not permitted. Booking seats for others to use defeats the contact tracing aspect of the seat reservation system. Booking multiple seats in an attempt to exclude your colleagues from using them is unprofessional. If you do not wish to share a multiple-seat study room with others, you should book a carrel instead.
- Seats in Hughes Hall and MTH 387/389 are now available seven days a week. As a reminder: the Law Library does not control those spaces and sometimes the custodial staff locks them when they come through overnight. If that happens on a weekday you should email email@example.com so that they can unlock the room for you. If it happens on the weekend, we recommend that you be prepared to cancel your reservation (using your confirmation email) and book another seat elsewhere.
- Remember to wipe down your seat and table area after use using the available sanitizer spray and paper towels.
- Have you seen any concerning conduct such as over-crowded study rooms or people not social distancing? Report COVID-19 Concerns.
- Questions or problems using this seat reservation system? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Begin by selecting your "category" from the drop-down menu above. Once you select your category, you then have the choice of limiting the display to a certain portion of the building.
- Each 30 minute available time slot is highlighted in green. If the time slot you want is red, that means it is already reserved or unavailable for reservation at that time.
- Choose the day within the calendar that you would like to reserve, then click on the seat and time on the grid to begin making your reservation. The time slot you have selected will display in yellow text surrounded by a half hour of red "padding" time. This padding time is to ensure that you (and the student before you) have sufficient time to clean the seat and leave the area. The padding time does not count against your 8 hour allotment.
- After choosing your time slot, you MUST press the blue "Submit Times" button at the bottom of the page. You will then progress through to a screen where you enter your name and email address, and again you MUST press the blue "Submit my Booking" button. If you do not, your booking will not be recorded in the system!
- You will receive a confirmation email confirming the seat you book and the time slot and date you booked it for.
- For maps of the library, click HERE.
- Selected seats on the Second Floor now include SAD (seasonal affective disorder) lamps! As the weather gets grey and gloomy, you may find that using these sunlight-simulating lamps for 20-30 minutes a day improves your mood and helps you focus. (It is not recommended to use SAD lamps for longer periods of time.) Please do not book the carrels containing SAD lamps for extended periods of time so that your colleagues can also have a turn.
- Law Library & Law School seat reservations are restricted to Law Students ONLY.
- The Law Library and Law School reserve the right to cancel reservations and/or eject patrons.
- In the areas reserved for "online class participation" some noise and talking is to be expected. However, headphones should be used to minimize the disturbance to other students nearby.
- No food is allowed in these areas but drinks in closed containers are permitted. EXCEPTION: Food is now allowed in the Ground Floor carrels. Please clean up after yourself and keep your mask on when you're not eating or drinking.
- Please wipe down your seat and table area after use using the available sanitizer spray and paper towels.
Seating for Quiet Study only:
Your session is about to expire, click here to continue your session.
Your session has expired, please reload the page to start again.
Available Your Booking Unavailable/Padding